December 23rd, 2011

'Undocumented' play reveals immigrants' hidden lives

Kat Chua wrote the play "Undocumented," about the experiences of undocumented immigrants living in the United States. It was inspired by a project she worked on as a student at New York University - and her own story. Chua was born in the Philippines, and brought to New York at age 8.

Although the play's characters think the DREAM Act could change their futures, the play isn't really about the legislation, Chua said.

"It's not about one solution fixing everything," she said. "It's about the fact that there is a population of the country, of this world, that isn't represented, that is trying to obtain rights."

1. Ralph

Christine: the topic is illegal immigrants making the decision to break USA immigration laws which include very necessary limits regarding how many people the USA can absorb without hurting the USA. FYI the USA allows 1MILLION immigrants yearly which is greater than the sum total of ALL the other countries of the world! There's another 700,000 aliens yearly who don't want to go to the trouble of applying, & then waiting their turn; so they break the law & sneak in. The USA will never discourage illegal aliens if we don't stop rewarding their intentional violations of our laws. It is sad but regrettably necessary to ignore the illegal alien parents hardship pleas when they bring minor children along to use as HUMAN SHIELDS when they ask for amnesty.

The USA quota of 1 Million yearly is more than generous, and those that think it should be without limits should look to the United Nations to take responsibility for the welfare of the hardship requests for amnesty from the USA

Christine, if you think the USA should become the welfare refuge of the entire world; I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is. You should register with a amnesty advocate agency & tell them you want to sponsor an illegal alien family for citizenship.

Illegal aliens are the responsibility of other governments. The USA does not assume responsibility until after immigration has been first applied for, & then granted.

The illegal aliens who intentionally break to law, and then beg for amnesty; is like the story of the child that is on trial for murdering his parents, and throws himself on the mercy of the court because he is an orphan.

But I realize the law & logic is immaterial to a polly anna like yourself.

December 31, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robert

THIS MESSAGE IS TO:

JOSE0311USMC, PaulC1958, jim, syzito, Ct, Ralph, Alex, margy, mcr, krazeerae69, Paula Greenleaf, GET OUT ILLEGAL ALIENS, FYI AMERICA, dizzyblonde, BlackHeywood, margy, Phil
      and all the other narrow minded racist hypocrites who are calling for the deportation of so called "illiegal" aliens and immigrants.

As a White Mountain Apache, I feel that I can call myself a true American and I also feel that many of you could be described as being here "illegally". The America that we live in today has been built upon lies, intolerance and racism as well as honesty, hard work and tolerance – it takes all sorts to make a country. I am not calling for your deportation as invaders, descendants of invaders or any of the other things your ancestors may have been, but merely asking that people who are living in this country, working, paying taxes and often paying for themselves to go to school are not sent to a country they have often never even visited. Many of them have lived here since they were infants and did not discover their so called "illegal" status until they were adults. The color-by-numbers picture of "illegal aliens" that you all seem to be looking at is one that has been painted for you by Fox "news" and the other over-simplified media. Sure, there are some people that enter the country illegally, but the people under discussion in the play (if you had bothered to listen, read and/or find out more about it) and who would be directly affected by the DREAM Act, are people who were brought here as children, often as babies. There is no free pass on offer for them.

A "war" on immigration will prove to be as useless as the "war" on drugs already has and as much of a political smokescreen as the "war" on terror. The American empire is all too ready to wage a new war on something – the empire is already stumbling and unfortunately if we, as a nation don't get our heads out of our hypocritical, quasi-religious asses, the nation you claim to love and are all to ready to stand on a soap box and scream about defending, will fall flat on its face, just like all those other supremely powerful empires that we read about in history (or maybe we don't read about them?). Tolerance and understanding are not signs of weakness. Ignorance is not bliss.

February 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Alex

Oh it is MY business as a "born citizen" myself who works hard everyday and pays taxes. And as a "born citizen" you are an embarrasment to all americans. Just because it was easier for ur granny to migrate here back before the "easy" immigration laws were put into place, who are u???? Are u someone significant in this world. I know I am. I take care of the elderly everyday and I hear what u say everyday from them. I always remind them though that if it wasn't for my mom migrating here, finding love and dreaming the american dream I wouldn't be there to give them the excellent care they receive. My mother came here illegaly and it took her about 15 painful years to finally become a resident. Even with money, good work ethic, NO CRIMINAL BACKGROUND. Just because many r here illegaly doesn't make their lives peachy, its hard wanting to have a home, job and eventually a family with ppl like you. The real problem is that most ILLEGALS don't want to be in mexico or central america because of the cartel and druglords. Why r they there? "Born Americans" demand of drugs. Yea ppl like you. Idk who u are for all I know u probably do illegal drugs that make it hard for ILLEGALS to want to live in their own country because of the fear that you might die tomorrow. How about u tell all your little friends to stop doing drugs so that the demand for them decreases and ppl can go back to where they came from. The problem isn't mexico, its a beautiful place its just YOUR demand for Illegal drugs that make it hard to live there. It is all my business to know what jobs are staffed or empty. I do a job that let me remind u the position is filled by mostly phillipinos and latinos. Most of you think your too good to be a caregiver but for me its more than a job and its very rewarding. Rewarding to know that I make a difference everyday in peoples lives. It gives me great pleasure to see the smiles on familys who come to see their parents, uncles, aunts or grandparents and know that they are being taken care of. I know that if there was a reform where ppl could join the army or get college educated to become a resident or citizen we would rise to the occasion. Who would miss an opportunity like that? Oh I forgot "born citizens" like yourself drop out of school or never attend college. With their"god given right" nada, nothing, zip..... Its a little embarassing to know that more foreigners attend colleges all around the nation than Americans. We can all see how "enthusiastic" WE as "born citizens" are to improve or better our lives. Well let me tell you YESSSS My Mother came here ILLEGALY!!! And is now barely a resident through all the years and fees. And I'm on my way to be a registered nurse. Yesss an ANCHOR BABY will be a NURSE and is gonna be helping all of you. Helping society and making a difference in the community. Why don't u try looking at it from a different point of view. Put urself in a Illegals shoes. Why would we flee our country to come here? What is soo wrong with it? Who can fix it? Why aren't they? We certainly can't fix it. So don't say us. Why don't u do me a favor? Write the Mexican president and ask him to fix his country so we can all live without fear. Go ahead do it and write All Americans and ask them to stop smoking crack, snorting cocaine, and injecting heroin so that you can live here without ILLEGAL immigrants who rob you of your money and benefits. πŸ™‚

December 28, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. .Ralph

Alex, you can be very obtuse. If you think your prejudiced self serving posts is persuading any USA citizen to support Amnesty for illegal aliens like yourself.

Alex, its none of your business whether or not USA citizens/ legal residents want the menial jobs you claim to want. So its also none of your business if the jobs are staffed, or empty. And furthermore, you are an illegal alien, you don't have the right to educate yourself; you're not supposed to be in the USA.

Get it out of your head that criminals like yourself have the right to make demands.

You made your bed, & now you will suffer the consequces for your choice when you were LAZY for refusing to FIRST ask for permission to immigrate BEFORE you entered the USA. No, you were in a hurry. You thought you weren't obligated to respect USA immigration laws. (And this assumes you don't have a criminal history from wherever you came from that would disqualify your immigration even if you asked first). But whatever your application MIGHT have been, had you originally submitted it, you are certainly a criminal now.

And lastly, forget about the Dream Act; it ain't gonna happen.

December 27, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Alex

I second that, there are plenty of places hiring. more than enough but "born citizens" I guess ur too good to work flippin burgers, cleaning or doing anything else u think is less than u deserve. As a "born citizen" take what u can get. Isn't that right? Most of u would rather complain about illegals taking your jobs than actually go out there and apply. If ur a hard worker and aren't scared to sweat wether its in a nice fancy office or the back of a fast food restaurant then Ill keep my mouth shut. But we all know most of u prefer the fancy office even if ur not qualified. At least with this dream act illegals will educate and become something to help our society and communities. So what's to complain, u never know if ur next doctor was at one point illegal and then became certified through the dream act πŸ˜‰ food for thought.

December 27, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. .Ralph

MCR, although I realize you were being supercilious, I will rebut you anyway, because I won't let you twist this topic into something its not for the vast majority of USA.

Illegal immigration isn't about white, black, nor hispanic. The issue is about entering USA illegally.

So let's deport ALL Illegal aliens WHATEVER their race may be. And conversely, let's welcome all immigrants that respected USA laws & applied for permission to enter the USA, BEFORE they came here.

And everyone who objects to illegal immigration should write, call and tell your elected representatives that you object to the de facto amnesty of the Dream Act legislation.

-No more grandfathering the criminal actions of illegal aliens.-

December 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. mcr

Hey! let me throw in my 2cents too.
    I agree with most of the opinions here. So lets start deporting white illegals
    first and then latinos and black illegals last.what say ye!

December 27, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. krazeerae69

Quit crying, I was at the unemployment office, in line, a bunch of whites crying, but yet Mcdonalds-hiring, Any job is better than no job. If your so "affected" get out a lawnmower, trim some yards. Clean some houses, make a difference in your own life. Its called survival.

December 27, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. Paula Greenleaf

The fewer illegal Latinos in America the better for our citizens.

December 27, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. .Ralph

REN, FYI, all of my grandparents immigrated to the USA in the 1880's, and all complied with immigration and passed through Ellis Island.

Ren, YOUR elders may have been illegal aliens, but it doesn't follow that most Americans are similarly guilty.

Also, I've noticed that there are a lot of LEGAL immigrants that have posted on many of these boards, that went to the time and trouble to legally immigrate, that also denounce illegal aliens.

I welcome all legal immigrants. And I will always condemn all illegal immigrants. I will never support Amnesty for illegal aliens. The DREAM Act is simply disguised amnesty.

December 26, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. .Ralph

ALEX, do you have a personality disorder? Your arguments always include why other people are somehow responsible for your actions and criminal choices. And for your information, I NEVER hire or do buisness with anyone that is an obvious illegal alien. Alex, you made a personal choice to bypass USA immigration laws, and now you will hopefully pay the price and get deported.

December 26, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. dizzyblonde

Illegals are here because America is now the great apologist country: we owe everyone. With thatcitizen of the world in our white house, wanting to take your money and give it to these people, having babies you are paying for, educating and feeding and housing them. They don't marry, that is how you get welfare, these are NOT the emigres of 75 yrs ago, please South and Central America: take care of your corruption and drug cartels, and your own people, we are sick of this!

December 26, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. Alex

Hey Ralph go make sure u pay rosario before she leaves. Don't forget the xmas bonus. πŸ˜‰

December 26, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. .Ralph

Hey ALEX, you are a CRIMINAL. Criminals have very little rights. Go back to where you came from.

December 25, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Alex

Illegal immigrants lazy??? Hahahah please but ur money where ur mouth is. Soo many complain we r taking YOUR jobs then how r we lazy? Many says that we r taking your jobs?? We r doing what none of you redneck spoiled, want everything chewed and put in ur mouth. I'm not here defending illegal immigrants who come here to waste away o great opportunity to a free country. I'm here to defend those of us to are here working, PAYING TAXES and trying to fit into this society that hates something they all use. Who's taking care of your kids? Rosario. Who's cleaning your house? Maria. Whose fixing your car? Carlos. Who's restocking and cashing u out at grocery store? Fernando and Alicia. Who's making sure u have a nice green cut lawn that u can show of to ur "friends"? La familia Orozco. I would pay big bucks to see any of u commenting here to do the things that u so called "born citizens" what we do!!! Bug bucks. Remember the website TAKEMYJOB.ORG seee the tally of all those who signed up.

December 25, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. .Ralph

Alex, you criminal, and all your illegal imigrant friends, go back to wherever you came from. You're not wanted in the USA. And the pressure on politicans is at a point that they will abandon the "Dream" legislation.
    So all you illegal aliens, you can leave quietly, or be forcibly evicted. The USA is not tolerating, nor grandfathering, any more illegal aliens.

December 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Ren

We all at some point were ALL "illegals" either our parents, grandparents, or great grandparents, coming from different countries not just the ones surrounding the US. All the Irish, Greek, Indian, Chinese, Italian, etc people that reside here, either himself or a relative have been an illegal. So this is a free country and deal with us coming to this country for a better life. If it wasn't for us Latinos doing jobs that US CITIZENs refuse to do because they rather be homeless or rather sell drugs or they just plain lazy, then deal with it!!!!!! We're not going anywhere!!!! We're here to stay. Good day!!!

December 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. atcdude11

if your illegalleave i have no sympathy for you sucubuses of my country leave!!

December 25, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  18. JOSE0311USMC

ILLEGALS AND LEGAL IMMIGRATION IS DESTROYING AMERICA AND OUR WAY OF LIFE...IF WE WERE TO DEPORT ALL THE ILLEGALS THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE WOULD GO DOWN TO AROUND 2 % . WAGES WILL GO UP...ILLEGALS ARE A HUGE PROBLEM.....IF THINGS DO NOT CHANGE ?? I'M PREDICTING A BLOODY REVOLUTION IN AMERICA I'M READY FOR ONE.. OUR COUNTRY IN BEING INVADED BY FOREIGNERS WHO SCREWED UP THEIR COUNTRY AND NOW THEY WANT TO SCREWED UP OURS. WE CAN'T LET IT HAPPEN.

December 25, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  19. .Ralph

Alex, you must be lazy, because the USA immigration laws are among the easiest in the world. BUT there are rules, screening, and quotas. Like, are you sick, do you have a criminal record, AND are you likely to compete with legal citizens/ residents for limited jobs.

I am sick and tired of criminals demanding their "rights".

Alex, you want your rights? Because you took an illegal shortcut to enter the USA, you now have the right to humane treatment when we deport you for illegally immigrating.

You broke the law, no get out of the USA

December 25, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

I'M ALSO SICK AND TIRED OF ILLEGALS COMING TO THE U.S. TO DEMAND RIGHTS AND CAUSE TROUBLE. I'M VOTING GOP.

December 25, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  20. Rick

Illegal imigration a virus with no cure or end in site like aids it is slowly killing the U.S. and crippling its middle class by taking jobs and our way of life and customs and not even trying to learn English so that we may communicate on better terms. The U.S. is doomed while our Politicians stand idle and do nothing for fear of not being revoted into office.

December 25, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

RICH--I AGREE WITH 100 % ..TELL THE DEMOCRATS THAT...DEMOCRATS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR BASE, IF THEY DID THEY WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF DEPORTING THE ILLEGALS. THEY JUST WANT THEIR VOTES.. I BEEN A LONG TIME DEMOCRAT, BUT I'M VOTING FOR ROMNEY IN THE NEXT ELECTION. I HAD IT WITH ILLEGALS. I LIKE TO SEE JOE ARPAIO IN CHARGE OF BORDER SECURITY.

December 25, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  21. BlackHeywood

These are illegal aliens and like Americans who violate our laws they too must suffer the consequences of their actions. They chose to enter America illegally hoping their hard luck stories would give them a reprieve. Sorry but we are a nation of laws that are ENFORCED with an iron fist, we have over 2 million Americans in prison to prove we mean business. We also cannot pick & Choose which illegal aliens get to stay here no matter how long they've been here, the fairest thing to do is to deport them all. No excuses. We should not penalize them if they apply to enter legally.

December 25, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  22. fred ca

And there are people on Tierra del Fuego who are not 'represented'. There are 'unrepresented' people in every country in the world. I am not represented in the Phillipines. Since my family and I paid a lot of money to build facilities there maybe a large group of us should go over there, reclaim 'our' land and demand 'representation'. My family left a fair amount of blood on the shores of France. Maybe the relatives of those who have such a background (and their families made a very significant contribution) should create an 'Occupy France' site there and demand 'representation'.

December 24, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Alex

And to those saying we r working here illegaly, yess we have bills, rent and taxes to pay. Education free? I wish. Cmon Dream Act!!!

December 24, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ

Come on, Deportation for service sucking illegal alien thieves.

December 24, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

KEEP DREAMING . VOTE GOP IN THE NEXT ELECTION. YES TO VOTER I.D. SO ILLEGALS CAN'T VOTE.

December 25, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  24. Alex

@2cnts Its easier said then done. Even with money, no criminal background, educated, please let me know how you did it and give me some tips. πŸ˜‰

December 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Alex

The New Colossus

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus, 1883

December 24, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  26. 2cnts

It amazes me that the Media and Government are promoting/ condoning people to take the law in to their own hands. The government has turned it's head the last 30 years while foreigners take the law in to their own hands but the question is this, will they continue to turn their head when those against invasion take the law in to their own hands? Or is it only ok if it's a one way street at the expense of America? Is the goal to have a broken society of violence? Hmm, Maybe the ladder if you stand to make money off of it from the investment standpoint. We definitely seem to have the best government that money can buy...

December 24, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  27. margy

Illigal aliens who get free education ,they should go back to their country . And they should improve their own lifes there with the American experience they have free here. And they should began applaing to came to America "legally".
    Sorry, get your papers right . The door is open if you are Legal".

December 24, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

LEGAL IMMIGRATION SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD.. COME ON PEOPLE WE HAVE 25 MILLION ILLEGALS -WE HAVE 50 % OF AMERICANS ARE POOR--THE REAL UNEMPLOYMENT IS AT 20 % NOT AT 9 % ...HOW CAN ANYONE SAY THAT LEGAL IMMIGRATION IS O.K. ?? NO IS NOT O.K. IS TIME TO END ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION.

December 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. margaritagottlieb@verizon .net

Illigal aliens who get free education ,they should go back to their country . And they should improve their own lifes there with the American experienced they get free here. And they should began applaing to came to America "legally".
    Sorry, get your papers right . The door is open if you are Legal".

December 24, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  29. MKULTRA CHIPMAN

NEW – NOT LIABILITIES OR DISCRIMINATION, BUT INSTEAD ASSASSINATIONS !!!

LEARN TRUTH ABOUT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, UNITED NATIONS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AS WELL AS NEW WORLD ORDER(MULTICULTURALISM = TERRORISM) GOVERNMENTS !!! NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, BUT TO DENY YOUR RIGHT TO EXISTENCE !!! http://myshortbiography.blogspot.com

ABDUCTIONS / RENDITIONS / BRAIN CHIP IMPLANTS / BLACKLISTING / BLACKBALLING / FORCEFUL UNEMPLOYMENT / MK-ULTRA BRAINWASHING against civilian population TODAY ACROSS THE EUROPE AND NORTHERN AMERICA / ASSASSINATIONS and much more per WHO, WHY, AND HOW !!! http://myshortbiography.blogspot.com/

WHY TO ACCEPT LIABILITIES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED WHEN WE CAN SIMPLY ASSASSINATE OUR VICTIMS(YOU) THANKS TO HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS AND FREE PRESS/MEDIA(most severe censorship ever !!!) !!

This news is related to WHITES AREN’T WELCOME IN AMERICA ANY LONGER !!! OUT OF AMERICA WITH WHITES NOW !!!

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGfYOAydjw&w=640&h=360]

December 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  30. mikrik

The correct word is "illegal".

December 24, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  31. .Ralph

So many people are forgiving pacifists, ie, "don't punish the child for the sin of the parent(s)", ect.. I submit that argument is a PERVISION of the principal. In its proper application, is to not to punish a child, for the actions of a parent that committed a crime, perhaps robbery, perhaps murder; AND/OR, DERIVES NO BENNEFIT FROM THE PARENTS CRIME!

THE MINOR CHILDREN OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS DO DERIVE BENEFIT FROM THE PARENTS CRIMINAL ACTS, ie, USA residency, USA education, USA benefits, and eventually USA legal residency, if not citizenship. Specifically, the originally minor child eventually leverages their parents crime, to GET LEGAL RESIDENCY FOR THEMSELVES -AND- THEIR PARENTS!

And the illegal immigrant adults can greatly improve their chances of success, IF they conceive an so called ANCHOR BABY. Specifically, "Boo hoo, you're not going to deport the illegal immigrant parent of a USA born citizen, and thereby make the child an orphan?"

For your information, a USA born child of illegal immigrants, can legally DEMAND A GREEN CARD for their parents when the child becomes 21 years old!

So the only answer, no matter how harsh some might think, is to finally stop rewarding the criminal activities of illegal immigrants and deport the parents, and their so called blameless foreign born children.

And while some will argue that the harsh conditions in the illegal immigrants home country somehow justifies the illegal immigrant crimes; neither do I accept that rational. The USA can't fix all the problems in other countries. And similarly, the presumed plight of citizens of other countries, is the RESPONSIBILITY OF OTHER GOVERNMENTS!

I welcome any immigrant that complies with USA immigration laws. And I CONDEM any one who "cuts the line" so to speak, and enters the USA illegally

December 24, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  32. manuel

All of those with negative comments have forgotten their own origins,unless their are natives americans keep their mouth shut

December 24, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Russ

It's called legal a$$wipe. Shut your mouth.

December 24, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

HERE WE GO. ALL WE ARE ASKING OUR GOVERNMENT TO DO IS ENFORCE THE IMMIGRATION LAWS-ILLEGALS RIGHT AWAY CALLING US BIGOTS–NEGATIVE COMMENTS .. IS THEIR ONLY DEFENSE CALLING US BIGOTS FOR YOUR INFORMATION I'M A HISPANIC GUY I FEEL THE SAME WAY AMERICANS FEEL. WE ARE SICK OF ILLEGALS DEMANDING RIGHTS AND COMPLAINING...COME ON REVOLUTION.

December 25, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  33. cary4

once again, more immigrant bashing comments..what is all this harping on "legal"? EVERYONE has the right to strive for a better life! and if half the racist clods who post comments here had hungry children and no prospect in their own country, yeah, THEY would try to immigrate in any way they could too..

December 24, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

AMERICAN DO NOT HAVE THE JOBS TO CONTINUE ALLOWING MORE PEOPLE IN. WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BLOODY REVOLUTION IF OUR GOVERNMENT DO NOT WAKE UP TO THE PROBLEMS... ILLEGALS AND LEGAL IMMIGRATION IS KILLING AMERICA.. WE ARE BECOMING A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY , WAKE UP..OUR WAGES KEEP GOING DOWN AND PRICES UP. BLAME THE FLOW OF ILLEGALS FOR THAT. --ILLEGALS ARE TAKING GOOD JOBS FROM AMERICAN \S, THEY ARE DESTROYING OUR WAY OF LIFE. -SOMETHING GOT TO GIVE SOON ? A REVOLUTION ? RIOTS ?? HOW MUCH MORE ABUSE CAN AMERICANS TAKE ?? WE DO NOT WANT ILLEGALS HERE PERIOD. LEGAL IMMIGRATION ? WE DO NOT NEED MORE IMMIGRANTS. THOSE ARE TRUE FEELINGS, NOT HATE–NOT NEGATIVE COMMENTS–NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A BIGOT. WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK.

December 25, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  34. Ct

You can't blame them for coming here...but you can blame our government for letting the flood gates open.

December 24, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  35. Christine

hmm..let's see. In some cases, children are brought to the U.S. illegally by the choice of their parents. Now why would any young innocent child want to break the law and enter the country illegally? Oh, maybe it's because they are too young to understand what was going on.

Why don't you watch the play and listen to the stories being told before you start writing comments.

December 24, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • syzito

Doesn't matter if they came over here riding a goat.....they still are illegal aliens idiot.

December 24, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
      • Christine

I guess it doesn't matter if they're four months old and were brought here by their parents. I guess it doesn't matter if they were held at gun point and forced to come to America. I guess they should still be held liable and punished for unknowingly breaking the law.

Go to college, hick πŸ˜›

December 30, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  36. jim

Fighting for rights? Thats rich. If you come legally you don't have to fight at all.

December 23, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katrina

What no one seems to be doing id pointing the fingers at the big businesses that are highering the illegal immigrants for cheaper labor. If there was no work for them here, they wouldnt come. As far as legal and not, we need to make sure our gvt is on top of that and does not have their hand in businesses pockets. We the people own the government. We are their check and balance.

also...
      How come we come down on those fighting for a better life? Everyone has that right.

December 24, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
      • PaulC1958

Yes Katrina, everyone has a right of fight for a better life, they just don't have a right to come to the US to fight for that right.

It's just so terribly demoralizing to read remarks from American citizens who are so uninformed that they don't even know that they are clamoring for policies that will create massive overpopulation, and a much poorer quality of life for their children and grand children. The US Census Bureau projects (middle projection) the US WILL have a population of 439 million by 2050 if we keep our current immigration policies; that's an increase of 129 million people in just 32 years. Every problem we have today will increase exponentially, and government efforts to deal with them will become increasingly undemocratic and authoritative. With so many people each individual will become insignificant and disposable; look to China for your future if we do not stop massive immigration, both legal and illegal.

Katrina, your comments about businesses are spot on, but we are not faced with either going after businesses or illegal aliens. Our survival as a US anything approaching a place where we want to live demands that we go after businesses, illegal aliens and the politicians that will not do what the public clearly wants.

Visit NumbersUSA.org for insight in the problem we face

December 24, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
      • JOSE0311USMC

BUSINESSES ARE ALSO TO BLAME, BUT THEY HAVE OUR POLITICIANS IN THE BACK OF THEIR POCKETS. MAIN REASON THE FED DO NOT GO AFTER THEM. BUSINESSES WHO HIRE ILLEGALS ARE ALSO CRIMINALS, BUT NO ONE IS GOING AFTER THEM.-I AGREE IF WE GO AFTER THEM WITH JAIL TIME AND HUGE FINES WE CAN END ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, BUT NO ONE IS DOING THAT. WE NEED MORE JOE ARPAIOS WHO ARE NOT AFRAID TO DO THE JOB.

December 25, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  37. Phil

Then perhaps they should come into this country LEGALLY!!

December 23, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JOSE0311USMC

WE DO NOT WANT ANYMORE IMMIGRANTS-AMERICA DO NOT HAVE THE JOBS PEOPLE.

December 25, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisbeth

The thing is that what we consider poor or ptveroy living is like a royalty lifestyle and that is what attracts them. What we need is an intake system that works as well as doing things like what Oregon's DMV did and prove citizenship (or legal residency) before you are allowed to get a license or ID or any kind of social services. This will make it harder for them to find work so they will have an initiative to go through the proper channels. My second husband was from India and when he first arrived here he was legal, but because he let his visa and stuff expire he became illegal. We hired an immigration lawyer, paid a fine and filled out a ton of paper work. I am telling you the file was at least three inches. It took 18 months to get an interview and finalize the process, if we hadn't hired a lawyer we would never of been able to figure out and fill everything out properly. 18 months is way too long. Also they need to treat all immigrants the same no matter where they are from. Because my ex was from a 'developing' country they went over his stuff with a fine tooth comb. I worked with a girl that was going through the same thing with hers but he was from Denmark and it only took them a couple of months from start to finish. To me this is a real good place to start, streamline and refine the intake process.

July 4, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |