Autopsy: Drug THC found in Trayvon Martin's system
May 17th, 2012

Autopsy: Drug THC found in Trayvon Martin's system

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) - Trayvon Martin had drugs in his system when he was fatally shot earlier this year by George Zimmerman in Sanford, Florida, according to autopsy results released Thursday.

Martin's blood contained THC, which is the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, according to an autopsy conducted February 27 - the day after the teenager was shot dead.

Toxicology tests found elements of the drug in the teenager's chest blood - 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of one type (THC), as well as 7.3 nanograms of another type (THC-COOH) - according to the medical examiner's report. There was also a presumed positive test of cannabinoids in Martin's urine. It was not immediately clear how significant these amounts were.

He died from a gunshot wounded to chest fired from "intermediate range," according to the medical examiner's report, which was one of several documents on the case released Thursday by the office of special prosecutor Angela Corey.

Read the full story

Posted by
Filed under: Black in America • Race • Who we are
  1. USO stupid

If George Zimmerman were black and Trayvon Martin were white this would have never happened the way it did. If Goerge were black he would have shot Trayvon gangsta style and stolen his ice tea and skittles.

July 18, 2013 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  2. Trayvon NotInnocent

So tired of the convenient portrayal of trayvon martin as an innocent child. He was on his way to being a typical gangsta, with his police record, physical abusing a bus driver, illegal use of marijuana, owning a gun and posting photos as bragging rights, etc. George Zimmerman was justified in shooting to prevent his own demise. And we all benefit with one less criminal off the streets.

July 15, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  3. John Hoody Doe

So what if the young man had smoke some weed? Give me a frkn break. I've smoked out with doctors, lawyers, cops, even a judge as well as people from all walks of life and ya know what? This is not the issue, its only a matter of time before weed is legal. This coward with a gun shot an unarmed teenager for his skin color only, period! I'm just glad that he got some good punches in on that Racist Zimmerman, some damn good punches. Its tragic that someone so long would lose his life but hey, Zimmerman has his coming, Karma is indeed coming back around.

May 18, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • John hoody doe is a racist crackhead

You retarded crack head. Your the racist.

July 18, 2013 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jarrod

Well as for racist im not im narive american. and I have alot of friends of all colors. I think that zimmerman had ever right to defend himself look at the cuts on his head n other parts that the press finally released n come now we should have let the evedence speak for its self. And as for his fire arm he had a permit to carry if I was getting my head bashed in I would have acted the same as zimmerman. He had every right to have that gun n carry it.

May 18, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. steven k.

I really hope that zimmerman is found innocent so he can attempt to go back to his life, and live in peace, even though that propably won't happen because of the morons that rallied against him

May 18, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. billy

I guess if Obama had a son he would test positive for drugs just like trayvin martin....lol.. ๐Ÿ™‚

May 17, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. mikstov33

I still have a problem with a watch volunteer carrying a gun in the first place...just my opinion.

May 17, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Avery

I think having a gun on a neighborhood watchmen is completely fine. I was always raised with the idea of,"if you don't start something, there wont be anything." Now mind you i am from a huge pro gun family (i got a 357 for christmas when i was 8) so that may influence my opinion but I think if your in a position with potential to be harmed (even if it's low potential) that its good to be prepared by means that you see fit. At the end of the day you are priority one, its up to you to defend yourself. I think if Trayvon perhaps tried to discuss the stuation, they would have calmly went their seperate ways. Running is a good sign of being guilty for something

May 18, 2012 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Hannah

Just letting you guys know how racist everyone in the comments sounds.

May 17, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • raceisamyth

Youre the one that mentioned race. Hmmmm...

May 18, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Dewa

Hello Mr.Zimmerman and my classmates! Today I had an awmoese day. I loved meeting my new and old friends! Playing and chatting with my friends always makes me happy and excited. I TOTALLY enjoyed the string game (escape from window) today! I hope we can all show team work and escape the window together . GO MR.ZIMMERMAN CLASS!!!!!!See ya!-Jenny- (1st one to do the assignment!)

November 17, 2012 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jarrod

I think that its reduclous this man is getting murder charges for defending himself if anything the charges should have be placed on the man that attacted him. What kind of america we live in where a man dosent have a right to defend him self when the 911 tapes r more then evident

May 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

Hey bud, lets not talk likz thz.

May 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. NamDebra

Anyone check out the pictures of Zimmerman on ABC News? The bleeding cuts on the back of his head & stuff? Finally now that the evidence is being released maybe people will stop labeling trayvon as a sweet, little innocent kid!!

May 17, 2012 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • NamDebra

On another note: Maybe now that more evidence is coming to light the MOB & Sharpton & his cronies & the Black Panthers will let the justice system & Zimmerman be... As their sweet, innocent, poster boy is painted in a new, more factual light

May 17, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • Tommy

The justice system worked one hour after martin was shot. No charges for Zimmerman. Its just another waste of resources for the whiners.

May 17, 2012 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bubba

I knew it, now the truth comes out. The cuts on his knuckles from attacking Zimmerman. Not defensive wounds. The 911 tape proven by experts, it was Zimmerman crying out for help, not Martin.

Its a crime that Zimmerman has to endure this circus cuz of they tried to pull out the race card.

STAND YOUR GROUND.... OOH-RA!

May 17, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Oops! Forgot to mention THC found in rayon martins system. Drug user gone wild. Oh maybe it was THC in the skittles or ice tea? If they march long and loud maybe someone will believe that too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

May 17, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |